You are being invited to take part in a research study. Please read the following information carefully and take your time to decide whether or not you wish to participate.
About the research
This research is being conducted to investigate the relationship between the behavioural immune system (BIS) and attitudes towards ingroup and outgroup members.
About the experiment
During the experiment, you will be presented with four narrative descriptions about people and their experiences. After each description, you will be asked to respond to a series of statements about them. You will then be asked to complete a scale measuring your sensitivity to disgust (TDDS). Please be advised that this scale will ask you questions about scenarios you might find disgusting. The survey will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. Please complete it in one sitting.
About your participation
Your experiment data is entirely confidential and will be used by the researcher for a dissertation research project only. No personally identifiable information is gathered during the experiment. Therefore, your answers can not be linked to your identity.
It is entirely up to you whether you want to take part in this research. If you decide to participate, you will be asked to give your consent. You can withdraw from the survey until the point in which you submit your final results. Since your responses are unidentifiable, there is no possibility of retracting your data once you click the final submit button.
If you are a Glasgow University student, you can receive credits for your participation.
Contacts for further information:
Researcher: Tamara Chavez Lechleitner
Supervisor: Dr. Eugene Dawydiak
By proceeding to the next page, I confirm that:
- I have read and understood the participant information provided above.
- I understand that my participation is voluntary and that I am free to withdraw before clicking the final submit button, without giving any reason.
- I agree to the way my data will be collected and processed.
- I understand that the data will be stored confidentially and with participant anonymity.
- I understand that once I press the final submit button, my data is not retrievable, as the responses cannot be linked to me in any way.
Please login or register if you do not yet have an account.